Skip to content

Local Event Grant Application

Grant Application Instructions

Thank you for your interest in applying for the Local Event Grant from the River Falls Chamber of Commerce & Tourism Bureau (Chamber).  Funding for this grant comes from room tax dollars collected by the City of River Falls and forwarded to the Chamber to grow tourism in our community.

The purpose of the grant and the funds must be used for:

  • Marketing to visitors from nearby towns or further
  • Application fees/bid fees/performance fees to bring a special event to River Falls
  • A significant addition to an existing event that would not be possible without a grant

We also aim to help local events modernize their advertising tactics by providing expertise.  All grant recipients will be invited to have their marketing plan reviewed by Chamber staff for advice and suggestions on how to further the event’s marketing reach.

The maximum grant amount is $1,000.00.  The grant cannot be more than 50% of the event marketing budget and the application must be received at least 45 days prior of the event. Applicants must be a non-profit organization and be able to provide a tax ID number.  Depending on the nature of the event, insurance documentation may be required.

All successful grant applicants will list the Chamber as a sponsor of the event at the level corresponding to the grant amount and if practical, allow the Chamber to provide event attendees promotional materials inviting them back to River Falls for a non-event visit. Up to 90% of grant funds will be paid with documented marketing expenditures as listed in the application.   A short post event review will be required to receive the remaining 10% portion of granted funds.

Please answer the questions on the application as best as you can.   The event description and the budgets do not need to be lengthy but should give the review committee and Chamber staff enough information to ensure grant guidelines can be met, insight on how the grant will strengthen the event, and demonstrate some level of a marketing plan.

Upon receipt of the grant application, Chamber staff will review the grant and may contact the applicant for more information.  After staff review, the application will be forwarded to the Chamber’s Tourism Committee for consideration.

If you have any questions as you prepare the application, please do not hesitate to contact the Chamber or submit your application to Alexandra Pashina, Marketing & Communications Specialist, at or 715-425-2533.    You may also mail the application to the River Falls Chamber of Commerce, 215 W Maple St, River Falls, WI 54022.


Click here for the grant application.

Scroll To Top